AboutThe Cisco Unified Application Environment is a development environment and application runtime developed at Cisco designed to make the development of Voice applications simple and fun!
This project is a collection of applications and plugins that demonstrate the full capabilities of the Cisco Unified Application Environment. These applications are maintained by the Cisco Unified Application Environment engineering team and the development community.
Before you can compile and run these applications, you need to have access to a Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 4.x or later. You also need to download, install and configure a Cisco Unified Application Environment from Cisco.com. Follow the links to the left for a complete set of instructions on installation and configuration of the environment.
TutorialsTwo tutorials are available for those new to the Cisco Unified Application Environment. The source and documentation for these tutorials are available through the Subversion repository link to the left.
- MakeCall - This presentation graphically illustrates how to build an application that triggers through an http request. A call is made and when the remote party answers the call, a message plays. MakeCallApplication.zip
- TwoPartyCalling - Demonstrates two methods by which an application can place two separate calls out through Cisco Unified Communications Manager, connecting the media streams together for the two calls such that each party can hear the other. PDF
- PhoneServices - Implement a simple lunch ordering menu system and push to a phone display screen. This application creates an IP phone service that sends text to the screen of the IP phone and presents two SoftKey options at the bottom of the display. An event handler listens for requests, retrieving query parameter values that were passed through URLs. Supports sub-menus with multiple options. PDF
Example ApplicationsHere are a few sample applications that have been implemented on the Cisco Unified Application Environment. As with the tutorials, the source for all of these applications and others are available through the Subversion repository link to the left.
Each application here can be loaded into the Cisco Unified Application Designer and compiled and deployed to the Cisco Unified Application Server. The source tree also includes a convenient "build.bat" file to build all of the applications in one go.
Some simple applications that demonstrate basic Cisco Unified Application Environment concepts:
- AnswerCall - A very simple application that will answer an incoming call and play a pre-recorded message.
- MakeCall - Another simple application. This application will make a call triggered through an http request. When the remote party answers the call, a message will play.
- MakeConference - Receive three numbers to call through an http request. Make calls to each and put them into a conference.
- AXLClient - This simple program will retrieve the directory numbers (lines) info for a particular device from Cisco Communications Manager.
- LDAP - This application will retrieve some information from an ldap server and write it to the Cisco Unified Application Server logs.
Example Cisco Unified Application Environment plugins
- SimpleNativeAction - Implements a very simple Native Action which adds two numbers and returns the sum.
- SimpleNativeType - Implements a very simple Native Type which takes a "Hour:Min:Sec" string and parses it out as Hour, Minute and Seconds.
- SimpleProvider - Implements a very simple provider with a synchronous action and a triggering event.
Also included is a full application suite!
- AppSuite - This application suite contains several production applications which exercise various capabilities of the Cisco Unified Application Environment.
Back to top